- Is illegal: Content may violate the law
- Is involuntary pornography: We prohibits the posting of photographs, videos, or digital images of users in a state of nudity or engaged in any act of sexual conduct, taken or posted without their permission. Other prohibited content includes child sexual abuse imagery, content that encourages or promotes pedophilia, as well as content that glorifies or promotes rape or non-consensual sexual violence.
- Encourages or incites violence: Do not post content that incites harm against people or groups of people.
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is personal and confidential information: Posting someone’s personal information will get you banned. When posting screenshots, be sure to edit out any personally identifiable information to avoid running afoul of this rule.
- Is spam
Content should be Safe for Work
Content that is NSFW: Not Safe For Work, is banned. This rule applies to all posts and comments.
Content that contains nudity, pornography, or profanity, which a reasonable viewer may not want to be seen accessing in a public or formal setting such as in a workplace should be tagged as NSFW.
No Begging, trading, buying, commercial post
This rule applies to begging for oneself or on behalf of others. In addition, it applies to posts and comments, and any material contained within (hidden on artwork, in a video, etc.).
The sharing, buying, selling, trading or borrowing is forbidden.
Enabling such activities to occur by linking to exchange sites is also forbidden.
No personal attacks
During discussion, attack the argument, not the person;
- The implicit or explicit usage of derogatory language and racial, homophobic or sexist slurs is not permitted. Avoid using potential offensive or hurtful language.
- Referral to a user’s personal information/life during arguments is not allowed.
- Brigading is forbidden.
Report rulebreakers to the Modchat, don’t respond in kind. Two wrongs don’t make a right!
Upvotes and downvotes should be fair and legitimate
Using alternate accounts to upvote/downvote specific content is against the rules. Suspicious vote activity will result in the admins being notified and a potential ban on suspicious domains.
Promotional posting guidelines
In order keep the media page free of advertisement, we enforce a strict 3:1 rule which states; “For every one promotional post you submit, 3 of your posts should be non-promotional.”
However, submit funny or useful post is a good way to promote yourself and your groups. And we appreciate every modchatter for submitting posts.
When you submit post in Media page, you understand and agree that:
- You will continue to own and be responsible for Your Content;
- We will not sell Your Content to any third party;
- In using Your Content for these purposes, we and our affiliate companies may copy, reproduce, host, store, process, adapt, modify, translate, perform, distribute and publish Your Content worldwide in all media and by all distribution methods, including those that are developed in the future;
- We may share Your Content with third parties that we work with to help provide, promote, develop and improve Modchat, but these third parties (other than our affiliate companies) will not make any separate use of Your Content for their own purposes (i.e. for any purposes that are not related to Modchat);
- We may use the name that you submit in connection with Your Content (whether that be your account name, real name or otherwise); and
- You will comply with these Terms, including our Modchat Acceptable Use Policy, in your submission of Your Content.
- You may be able to create certain content within Modchat, such as Stickers. Such content is part of Your Content, and is subject to these Terms.
- You understand that even if you seek to delete Your Content from Modchat, it may as a technical and administrative matter take some time or not be possible to achieve this. For example, we may not be able to prevent any third party from storing or using any of Your Content that you have made public via Modchat.
- We reserve the right to block or remove Your Content for any reason, including as is in our opinion appropriate or as required by applicable laws and regulations.